Monday, May 1, 2017

[Review] Hades, by: Alexandra Adornetto

Halo #2

HADES

by: Alexandra Adornetto
Release Date: January 1st, 2011
Read Date: May 1st, 2017
Format: Paperback
Pages: 448

Heaven Help Her.

Bethany Church is an angel sent to Earth to keep dark forces at bay. Falling in love was never part of her mission, but the bond between Beth and her mortal boyfriend, Xavier Woods, is undeniably strong. But even Xavier's love, and the care of her archangel siblings, Gabriel and Ivy, can't keep Beth from being tricked into a motorcycle ride that ends up in Hell. There, the demon Jake Thorn bargains for Beth's release back to Earth. But what he asks of her will destroy her, and quite possibly, her loved ones, as well.

The story that Alexandra Adornetto built in her New York Times-bestselling debut, Halo, comes alive in action-packed and unexpected ways, as angels battle demons, and the power of love is put to the test.

MY RATE


I sincerely think it's a curse. The second book curse. It tends to happen a lot and I feel sad about it. The first book was really, really good, but this one was just good, almost meh.

Our little duo still so in love that kind of make me barf rainbows. Beth and Xav still strong and going against anything and everything that comes on their path, but they never expect that he was coming back or worst, that Beth was going to fall into Hades.

I got to say... I hate all the situation, from when she fell into Hades to coming out of it. I hate, hate with all my being, that my OTP get separated. I like that the characters fight things together than apart. I hate to see the characters suffering, because I suffer with them. I knew that this sonofabitch creature was not easy to defeat, but I never thought he was going to do this. Hades, aka Hell, is not a place for an angel.

Even though the separation was hard, these characters stayed strong and counting with one another and I really loved that. Xavier is what dreams are made of and my heart beats for him, I swear. This series is becoming a really good one and I really want this to end the best possible way. I don't want to spoil everything, but there has been clues of something destined for these two, so let's see what that will be. I'm ready to go in to the next book.

 

LAST REVIEW



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!