Monday, June 6, 2016

[R] End of Days, by: Susan Ee

End of Days
(Penryn & the End of Days #3)
by: Susan Ee

★★★★★

End of Days is the explosive conclusion to Susan Ee’s bestselling Penryn & the End of Days trilogy. After a daring escape from the angels, Penryn and Raffe are on the run. They’re both desperate to find a doctor who can reverse the twisted changes inflicted by the angels on Raffe and Penryn’s sister. As they set off in search of answers, a startling revelation about Raffe’s past unleashes dark forces that threaten them all.

When the angels release an apocalyptic nightmare onto humans, both sides are set on a path toward war. As unlikely alliances form and strategies shift, who will emerge victorious? Forced to pick sides in the fight for control of the earthly realm, Raffe and Penryn must choose: Their own kind, or each other?

I have serious issues with writing this review, because I read this book long time ago and I don't remember much, or worse everything that I remember... I don't even know if it's from this book or the other two before this one. So, yeah, this might be short enough to express my feelings towards the end of this awesome trilogy.

It was a long ass wait for this book. I remember that I bought the first two one christmas and the other came like one year and a half later. It was the worst waiting ever, because I wanted my OTP to become true, but the author never gave us hope. Plus, this dystopian world was really fucked up! I really wanted to know how this was going to end. All the angels problems and that... like Jesus aka God, where the hell are you?

From what I remember, Penryn went to the past, past looking for I don't remember exactly what, but I know that in the end of those chapters I was really sad. The villain is never bad, just misunderstood and that's what I saw in that part. But I was happy because there were a step forward in winning this whole thing, meaning the war. I was happy because Raffe and Penryn were so much closer and I loved that... hello, OTP. I really loved everything about them, because they are so perfect together.

Other characters were important too. I mean, Penryn's mother was more cuckoo than the bird, but it was hilarious and refreshing to read about her. Penryn's sister was a little sad story, but with a good ending (I'm lying, I remember shit about her ending). AND that war... dammit, it was brilliant, Penryn!

Overall, the series was the best of the best. That ending was better that everything I was expecting (which was everyone dead) and I'm thankful. Susan Ee write more books, because I'm ready for them. You became one of the best in my eyes, so keep doing such a great work. Peace out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!