Wednesday, June 10, 2015

[R] Ugly Love, by: Colleen Hoover

Ugly Love
by: Colleen Hoover

★★★★★

When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.

Never ask about the past.
Don’t expect a future.

They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.

Hearts get infiltrated.
Promises get broken.
Rules get shattered.
Love gets ugly.


I have been putting down my tbr list this book, and I didn't exactly don't know why I did it. Now that I read it, I certainly was missing a lot. This is my first CoHo book and it began with the right foot. I love it! Read this book, fella.

Miles is an airplane pilot. Tate is a nurse. Tate moves in with his brother, Corbin, and the first day she finds out a passed out man in front of the door, Miles. He is Corbin's best friend and co-worker. Well, it results that Miles is a jerk and Tate is a moody bitch, so the next day they decided to start over. From Tate's pov, Miles is a strange guy. Someone that doesn't smile and if he does isn't often, someone focused in his job and living day by day without giving much away. But the sexual tension between them can be cut with a knife, for real. So they decided to make a deal, sex without attachments. He puts two rules:
"Don't ask about my past," he says firmly. "And never expect a future."
Basically who really breaks these rules is him. Yes, she wants to know about his past from day one, but she doesn't verbally asks. And she never expect a future, she wished, but she knew that it wasn't going to happen. Miles might have follow those rules very rudely, but from the beginning you could see that he was hurt, didn't want to be hurt again, so certainly he wasn't going to cross the line, but he did and everything was perfect.
"Miles," I say with a smile, "you're looking at me like you fell in love with me."He shakes his head. "I didn't fall in love with you, Tate. I flew."
I love every chapter. I like the insight of his past in his pov. I like that when he was in love the format of the text was in the middle and written like a poem without a rhyme. I really really loved Miles and I know there is a movie that its coming soon... I hope that Miles does him justice, because I swear that I really loved the character. His story was really sad, but sometimes you have to live the ugly love first for then being happy.
"It's all worth it. It's the beautiful moments like these that make up for the ugly love."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!