Friday, December 12, 2014

[R] Graduation Day, by: Joelle Charbonneau

Graduation Day
(The Testing #3)
by: Joelle Charbonneau

★★★☆☆

In a scarred and brutal future, The United Commonwealth teeters on the brink of all-out civil war. The rebel resistance plots against a government that rules with cruelty and cunning. Gifted student and Testing survivor Cia Vale vows to fight. But she can't do it alone. This is the chance to lead that Cia has trained for - but who will follow? Plunging through layers of danger and deception, Cia must risk the lives of those she loves - and gamble on the loyalty of her lethal classmates.



my thoughts

What the actual fuck? Sorry for my french, but I swear that was my reaction after closing the book when finished. The author build, and build, and build this whole story to let me down at the end. I cannot move on from that. But it was not a huge turn off, lets say that they were some memorable parts.
“The time to lead is now.”
This time around, Cia wants to discover everything before taking action. The goal is simple, eliminate the Testing and with it everything that comes. Cia knows who to trust at least a 75% and after not receiving the answers she seek, is time to act and by doing so the answers will come. The story goes from test to test, but this time around one wrong choice and not only her life will be in danger, but the ones she love too. Can Cia do what it takes?
“People will believe the crisis is over because they want to believe their world is safe.”
I DO NOT HATE the book, but it will not be my favorite. I like the action, the plot twists and characters, but I hate the ending, the deaths and some plot twists. HELL, I was more confused page after page until it end and "wtf?". I said to give it a try, but now... if you don't want to, I don't blame you pal.
“Things don't always work out the way we hope. You just have to pick yourself up and find a new direction to go in.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!