Saturday, July 26, 2014

[R] The DUFF, by: Kody Keplinger

The DUFF; Designated Ugly Fat Friend
by: Kady Keplinger

★★★★★

Seventeen-year-old Bianca Piper is cynical and loyal, and she doesn’t think she’s the prettiest of her friends by a long shot. She’s also way too smart to fall for the charms of man-slut and slimy school hottie Wesley Rush. In fact, Bianca hates him. And when he nicknames her “the Duff,” she throws her Coke in his face.

But things aren’t so great at home right now, and Bianca is desperate for a distraction. She ends up kissing Wesley. Worse, she likes it. Eager for escape, Bianca throws herself into a closeted enemies-with-benefits relationship with him. Until it all goes horribly awry. It turns out Wesley isn’t such a bad listener, and his life is pretty screwed up, too. Suddenly Bianca realizes with absolute horror that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated more than anyone.

my thoughts

The DUFF is a book a normal girl, just like me. I found so many things to compare Bianca with me that it freaks me out. Other than that I love everything about the book, maybe not the whole end because I wanted more (which isn't rare of me), but I love it all.
“No matter where you go or what you do to distract yourself, reality catches up with you eventually.”
The story spins around Bianca, which is define in the first chapter as the DUFF (designated ugly fat friend). Now, let me describe Bianca. She is totally fat, but she has big thighs, bigs tatas and its short. She considers herself ugly comparing herself to her bffs, Jessica and Casey. So that points her as the Duff or so it says Wesley to her the first time they talk for the first time. The whole thing in the book it was to figure out that she IS a duff, but so is everyone at least once in a while.
“Your sense of humor needs some work, then," Wesley suggested. "Most girls find my jokes charming." "Those girls must have IQs low enough to trip over.”
-----
“I don't like him," I explained. "He annoys the hell out of me ninety-six percent of the time, and sometimes I'd like nothing better than to strangle him to death. But at the same time I... I want him to be happy. I think about him way more than I should, and I -" "You love him.”
The chemistry between Bianca and Wesley changes from time to time, but we know more than that. Biance didn't want to admit out loud that she likes Wesley. Not that Wesley admitted out load too, but he did it eventually even when she was trying to move on from him with Toby. I really like the story between those two. Which things were easy as they seem in a book. In other hand, we have Bianca and her bffs relationships. With Casey is much more like a sister, becuase they had been friends since forever. With Jessica, she just grew up on Bianca and at the end they truly loved each other. In my part I understand how is having friends like that.
“I wanted to make sure you were fine... and that he was okay, too. You didn't, like, stab the boy, did you? I mean, I totally disapprove of murdering hotties, but if you need help burying the body, you know I'll bring the shovel.”
This book is a little peace of reality with a happy ever after. Real life not always finish like this, but we keep hoping and someday our rainbow will shine. I recommend this book to every highschooler and college student who thinks is left out in some way. I'm telling you, I have felt that way. We are ALL duffs!
“I was the Duff. And that was a good thing. Because anyone who didn't feel like the Duff must not have friends. Every girl feels unattractive sometimes. Why had it taken me so long to figure that out? Why had I been stressing over that dumb word for so long when it was so simple? I should be proud to be the Duff. Proud to have great friends who, in their minds, were my Duffs.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!