Thursday, July 17, 2014

[R] Rusty Nailed, by: Alice Clayton

Rusty Nailed 
(Cocktail #2)
by: Alice Clayton

★★★★☆

In this sequel to Wallbanger, the second book in the Cocktail series, fan favorites Caroline and Simon negotiate the rollercoaster of their new relationship while house-sitting in San Francisco.

Playing house was never so much fun—or so confusing. With her boss on her honeymoon, Caroline’s working crazy long hours to keep the interior design company running—especially since she’s also the lead designer for the renovation of a gorgeous old hotel on Sausalito. So with her hotshot photographer boyfriend gallivanting all over the world for his job, she and Simon are heavy-duty into “absence makes the heart grow fonder” mode. Neither has any complaints about the great reunion sex, though! Then Simon decides he’s tired of so much travelling, and he’s suddenly home more. A lot more. And wanting Caroline home more, too. Though their friends’ romantic lives provide plenty of welcome distraction, eventually Caroline and Simon have to sort their relationship out. Neither wants “out of sight, out of mind,” but can they create their own happy mid-ground cliché?


my thoughts

What I can say? I love the Wallbanger... a lot. I have even said that its one of the most funniest books I have ever read and that's a lot. When I knew there was going to be a sequel and even turned into a series, I was excited. Alice Clayton made me laugh without meaning to sometimes.

This time around, everything is like those never ending epilogues where everyone is happy and there no problems. The first like nine chapters where the same mood all around, then the problem became clear and it didn't sucked. Simon and Caroline's relation is like I was picturing it in my head when the first book ended. Everything was peaches and cream, excpet when it wasn't. I like all the scenes between them and obviously when it involve Clive the cat, it was just hilarious. Talking about other characters, Mimi and Ryan are like exactly in a point when they are happy and they don't need a book for them (which is what I was imagining the other books were, but they are not). Now, the relation between Sophia and Neil is so hilarious that a book from their point of view wouldn't be turn down.

I don't have much to talk about this book. It was plain good and a fun read. It was boring sometimes, but it kept me happy all the time. It was happy pills all the time around and I was happy about it, but most of the time I just wanted some action (there wasn't much). Still I like it, I laughed, but I wouldn't read it again. Tho, you should give it a try and laughed a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!