Monday, October 7, 2013

[R] Sia, by: Josh Grayson

Sia
by: Josh Grayson

★★★★☆

When seventeen-year-old Sia wakes up on a park bench, she has no idea who or where she is. Yet after a week of being homeless, she’s reunited with her family. At school, she’s powerful and popular. At home, she’s wealthy beyond her dreams. But she quickly realizes her perfect life is a lie. Her family is falling apart and her friends are snobby, cruel and plastic. Worse yet, she discovers she was the cruelest one. Mortified by her past, she embarks on a journey of redemption and falls for Kyle, the “geek” she once tormented. Yet all the time she wonders if, when her memories return, she’ll become the bully she was before…and if she’ll lose Kyle.


I cannot say that I loved the book, but I can say that I like it. It was a good journey, full of things to think about. We see so many rolls here, from the popular girls of school to living homeless. It’s definitely a book made for thinking about society issues.

To resume the book, it’s about a girl named Sia Holloway. One day she just wakes up in park without any knowledge at all, not even her own name. She wanders the streets and even make friends. After a car accident, she found herself in a hospital and there she discover who she is and her parents. Later on she also discovers: that her family is wealthy and really proud; her friends are the worst kind of people in school; and worst, she was a bad person herself, the meaning type. Decided to change, she cut everything related to her old self. Found new friends and even someone who cares about her, Kyle. But what will happened when she recovers her memory, will she be her old self or the new one?

It’s worth to try this book. It shows so many things about life and everything with love and hope can be repaired. I think the book escalated quickly and some things were left out, but it’s a worth reading. I totally recommend it, because it have it all, from action to romance, even humor.

Favorite Quote:
"I love you yesterday. I love you today. And if you'll let me, I'll love you tomorrow."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!