Saturday, October 5, 2013

[R] Asunder, by: Jodi Meadows

Asunder 
(Newsoul #2)
by: Jodi Meadows

★★★★☆

DARKSOULS
Ana has always been the only one. Asunder. Apart. But after Templedark, when many residents of Heart were lost forever, some hold Ana responsible for the darksouls–and the newsouls who may be born in their place.

SHADOWS
Many are afraid of Ana’s presence, a constant reminder of unstoppable changes and the unknown. When sylph begin behaving differently toward her and people turn violent, Ana must learn to stand up not only for herself but for those who cannot stand up for themselves.

LOVE
Ana was told that nosouls can’t love. But newsouls? More than anything, she wants to live and love as an equal among the citizens of Heart, but even when Sam professes his deepest feelings, it seems impossible to overcome a lifetime of rejection.


The little world of Heart & Range has become bigger! I like this book more than the first one, but I still think it’s an “I-don’t-like-you” book. We know more about the place, the characters, Janan and creatures, like the sylphs.

Ana and Sam still together in this book and I like that very much, because in every book I read something happened and the couple can be together. They have their issues, yeah, but they always resolve them and I like that. If the question of the last book was; “why Ana was born?” Then this book question is; “How to destroy Janan?” The thing about the questions is that they have answer, only if you read the book, of course. We see some newsouls too!

Favorite Scene:
I bounced on my toes. "I get it!"
Sam put on his most expectant look. "The writing?"
"No, why paper cuts hurt worse than knife wounds." I rolled my eyes. "Of course I meant the writing."
"All right. I don't get it."
Why is that my favorite? First, is funny. Second, because I love how teasing Sam can be. And third, because watching Ana making jokes is not her. Show us how much she have change from the last book to now. I like her for that, if she can change, forgive and help, why can we not?

The book is so full of love in one part and full of hate in other parts. I was so confused and I almost, just almost hate Ana for some things she do. The biggest bad guy is Janan, but the others as in Meuric are dead or in prison. So happy about that too. Let’s see how the series will end in the next book. Sad that the book will come out in 2014 and not this year, but at least we got a “half-book”. Phoenix Overture, I will read you and I hope you to be perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!