Wednesday, June 27, 2018

[Series Review] Misadventures, by: Various Authors

MISADVENTURES...

   

**MISADVENTURES ARE STANDALONE ROMANCES THAT CAN BE READ IN ANY ORDER**

  

... OF A VIRGIN

by: Meredith Wild
Publication Date: December 3rd, 2017
Pages: 188

 

my rate:
Must admit that this book made me fall in love with the author’s writing, which I think I have never read something of her. I loved the whole story. You know the story that we tell little kids of the cousins that one lives in the city and the other in the country? This book made me think of that story. But this ending I loved more.

Once upon a time boy and girl meet, fall in love, share a kiss, but everything fall apart. Boy and girl made their own lives separately until boy comes back to town. Flames spark again, but everything still as complicated as it was before, so how is this going to end? Happy, that’s how it ended. Of course, the story is more than the few words I just said. Both families are full of secrets, but these two will rise above and share the love that has always been there between them.

The story is steamy, romantic and it gave me a little of heartache. Of course is not that long, so I wanted a little more in the epilogue. But overall everything was told as perfect as a book should be.

... OF A CITY GIRL

by: Meredith Wild & Chelle Bliss
Publication Date: September 12th, 2017
Pages: 187

 

my rate:
This is a book that I enjoyed quite a lot. What is not to love about a country sexy man and a city girl that loves what she sees? I loved the whole idea. You know it is kind of creepy that while you are skinny dipping someone is watching you, but the author made it look sexy, because the guy was hot. I approve.

Also, the whole thing of finding a happy medium was cute. I loved it because the happy medium was seriously perfect. I was overjoyed at the end, for sure. This series is becoming better than I expected.

... OF THE FIRST DAUGHTER

by: Meredith Wild & Mia Michelle
Publication Date: October 30th, 2017
Pages: 280

 

my rate:
Okay, well, this book was hard. I thought the end was not going to come, not because it was too long, but because I couldn’t see a solution. At the end, everything came up to be better than expected. I have to admit that the book was hot, so was the guy. Really books are making my expectations about reality very high and that is sad. Good story, loved the action. I wished it had a better ending, something more romantic or whatever, but is okay.

... OF A BACKUP BRIDE

by: Shayla Black
Publication Date: October 17th, 2017
Pages: 280

 

my rate:
This book was meh. It was kind of cliché except for the end, so that’s the only thing I loved about it. I really don’t have much to say. I dislike the guy and I wasn’t a fan of the girl. So it was still a good read to pass the time, but nothing out of this world.

... ON THE NIGHT SHIFT

by: Lauren Rowe
Publication Date: November 7th, 2017
Pages: 280

 

my rate:
Now, I had a blast in this book. I laughed so much. I got upset. I got mad. I loved the book. Lukas was an asshole, but a good one. I loved what it was inside his heart, so the end was totally expected. Abi was a badass assassin (as he calls her) and I love every single word of their banters. They could go on and on, and I would still love it. The sexy scenes were perfection, but the end was just superb. For now, in the series, this has the winning chance.

... OF A GOOD WIFE

by: Meredith Wild & Helen Hardt
Publication Date: October 3rd, 2017
Pages: 200

 

my rate:
I tremendously dislike this book. There was a couple of good things, but overall it was totally meh. I couldn’t read it fast enough for it to end and it made me seriously think if I should continue this series. But just because all the books are different stories and different authors I might continue. I have taken a pause, so I don’t know when I will keep going.

I dislike the whole “I had to do it to protect you” kind of thing. I’m sure I loved the guy, but not his personality and stuff. Some scenes were good and hot, but most of them were meh. So yeah, not something I would read again or recommend.

Overall, as I said, the series has its ups and downs, but I had to stop because other books were calling my attention more than these ones. I dunno when I’m going to get back at this, but I certainly will, some other time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!