Wednesday, June 20, 2018

#ReviewInFewWords [8]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read a long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide into different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so because here goes nothing.
I FORGOT TO REVIEW YOU, I APOLOGIZE

SEVEN WAYS TO LIE

by: Riley Redgate
Publication Date: March 8th, 2016
Read Date: October 7th, 2017
Genre: Young Adult, Contemporary, LGBT
Format: Paperback
Pages: 368

 

my rate


Is being almost a year since I read this and I have an awfully hard time to put any memories of this story in this review. As always, very hard to remember what happened, but easy to remember how it made you feel.

The book is in a lot of POVs, different stories that collide together because guess what? All of the characters are in a high school. The whole dilemma is the secrets being kept between each other that can ruin their friendships. I was mad about how it was portrayed some things in the book that I might not spoiled, but overall it was a good read.

I was definitely trying to connect every character to a capital sin, but they are young adults so they have more than one, for sure. It was fun to do it, though. I recommend this book to actual young adults, otherwise, it will be hard to relate. At least it was hard for me to relate, so I was reading it more as an outsider than anything else. That’s my piece.


WAGs #1 & #2

GOOD BOY
STAY

by: Sarina Bowen & Ellen Kennedy
Publication Date #1: January 31st, 2017
Publication Date #2: June 20th, 2017
Read Date #1: June 25th, 2017
Read Date #2: June 3rd, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Sports, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Total of Pages: 564

 

 

overall rate



Sadly, I never reviewed the first book in the series and more sadly is that fact that I barely remember the story. Thank God that I read the second one and it gave me some ideas of what it went down. I really enjoyed this series because the one before this one was good, but this one was hilarious. I have zero knowledge of hockey, but I got all the references, weird.

Anyways, the main female characters in these books are not wimps, they are badasses. The boys are kind of wimps, but after they get that they need the women more than breathing, they become “going for what I want no matter the cost” kind of person, which I loved. Also, kudos for the dogs because that’s basically the freaking MVPs on any book. The steamy scenes were very good described. I seriously recommend any book that these two authors write together because they are goals. I kind of want more for this series, but I dunno if I will get that in the future, sad. So, that’s my little piece.


Texas #1

THE HEART OF TEXAS

by: RJ Scott
Publication Date: February 1st, 2011
Read Date: June 9th, 2018
Genre: MM Romance, Adult
Format: ebook
Pages: 412

 

my rate



After one of the best series of MM Romance that I have ever read, I needed some downtime. I came upon this book (which is a series, but I ain’t interested in reading more). It was a quick read, even though I did notice it had more than 400 pages. The story took some interesting turns and it got me till the end. Being a series it obviously didn’t have the conclusion I was seeking, but I was happy enough with the end of the first book.


A quick summary of the story is about this two families that hate each other for years and years. One of the kids decides to make the dad angry by marrying the kid from the other family. It was also a win-win situation, so no biggie. The thing is that one of kids (they are actually adults, guys, I’m just calling them kids because) is not gay, but the other is. So this story is kind of a gay for you story. I liked it. I don’t think I would recommend, but it kept me awake when I needed to be sleeping, so there’s that. Again, I will not continue the series, so there’s also that. That’s my little piece. 


Ranch #1

THE TIN STAR

by: J.L. Langley
Publication Date: January 17th, 2006
Read Date: June 9th, 2018
Genre: MM Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 300

 

my rate



My excuse for reading this book, the same one as reading The Heart of Texas. Is summer, I basically have nothing to do, so what’s better than reading books just for fun and nothing else? Nothing. For me book hangovers are battled best with quick romances that weeks/months later I will have no recollection of reading them. Sad, but true.

Quick rundown of what happens here. Kid gets kicked out of his childhood home because he confessed to his father that he’s gay. Nearby farm owner (kid’s sibling best friend) “adopts” him by giving him a job on his farm, but better is giving him a spot in his bed. If you know what I mean. This book it is quick. I read it in a couple of hours and it went smooth as expected. I liked it. That’s my little piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!