Monday, November 7, 2016

Book Issues [9] - Never Ending Reading Slump

I created this to basically ramble about any problem related to books that I have and that maybe you do too. I'm trying to post one every two months and as for now, I'm doing good. Let's see at the end of the year how I did. Hope you like reading the following issue...

Book Issue #9 - Never Ending Reading Slump

I BLAME ADULTING AND SCHOOL! You both should be ashamed.


No wonder that you all haven't seen much of my reviews. I have fallen in a reading slump since last summer and I can't get up. Christmas is almost here and I'm afraid I'm still not going to get out of it and read more books. I don't know what's wrong with me. But I definitely blame my classes because they want more attention and I blame the adulting ages because they made me not wanting to fail and be nothing on life.

Things that are happening that you might relate:

  • I am graduating from college this school year, which means that I must concentrate in a lot of crap to finally get out of the BA. Next semester, I really think is going to get worse. So, yeah, reading something that isn't for a class is a no-no these months.
  • I am working as a teacher/tutor and these kids need all that I got for them. So other than having 12 credits in class, I got a 20 hours a week job. Reading still a no-no.
  • I am going to take the GRE soon, err... December 29th. So, I really need to study or else, I am going to seriously failed and that failure costs $205. Plus, I am going to take the TOEFL, which is something ridiculous of my next college to ask me. I am an English Major, dammit.
  • I am trying to maintain a social life as good as I can, because next year I am going to move to another country, which means my friends will miss me and I, them. So, I need as much time with them now as I can. *crying a river*
  • I am part of two different boards of two different organizations. I am the treasurer of Alpha Phi Omega and the secretary of Sigma Tau Delta in my college, that's mean a lot of work. Plus, I am part of the Students Council as an English Department representative, believe when I say that's work.
  • I am applying to work this holiday. I need money for Graduate school.
  • I GOT NO TIME TO READ!
  • Nothing really catches my eye enough to stop working or studying and to read. I haven't even re-read, which is my number one strategy when I am low in wanting to read.
You see, I suffer for something far worse than a reading slump. But I have to admit that I have read books. For classes, but still books. Adulting was really harder than I expecting and is really hitting me like a ton of bricks.

I am sorry to say that reading and blogging are not my number one things to do, which is really depressing, but I still do posts here and there and schedule them. I hope you all are well and please, beware of the adulting ages, they are the worst.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!