Sunday, February 24, 2019

[Double Review] Charley Davidson, by: Darynda Jones

Charley Davidson #12

THE TROUBLE WITH TWELFTH GRAVE

by: Darynda Jones
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Mystery
Publication Date: October 5th, 2017
Read Date: February 20th, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 288

 

Ever since Reyes escaped from a hell dimension in which Charley accidently trapped him, the son of Satan has been brimstone-bent on destroying the world his heavenly Brother created. His volatile tendencies have put Charley in a bit of a pickle. But that’s not the only briny vegetable on her plate. While trying to domesticate the feral being that used to be her husband, she also has to deal with her everyday life of annoying all manner of beings—some corporeal, some not so much—as she struggles to right the wrongs of society. Only this time she’s not uncovering a murder. This time she’s covering one up.

Add to that her new occupation of keeping a startup PI venture—the indomitable mystery-solving team of Amber Kowalski and Quentin Rutherford—out of trouble and dealing with the Vatican’s inquiries into her beloved daughter, and Charley is on the brink of throwing in the towel and becoming a professional shopper. Or possibly a live mannequin. But when someone starts attacking humans who are sensitive to the supernatural world, Charley knows it’s time to let loose her razor sharp claws. Then again, her number one suspect is the dark entity she’s loved for centuries. So the question becomes, can she tame the unruly beast before it destroys everything she’s worked so hard to protect?

Charley Davidson #13

SUMMONED TO THIRTEENTH GRAVE

by: Darynda Jones
Genre: Urban Fantasy, Paranormal, Romance, Mystery
Publication Date: January 15th, 2019
Read Date: February 20, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 303

 

It's lucky number thirteen . . . this is the epic finale for our favourite Grim Reaper and her sinfully sexy son-of-the-devil husband, Reyes.

Charley Davidson, Grim Reaper extraordinaire, is pissed. She's been kicked off the earthly plane for eternity - which is exactly the amount of time it takes to make a person stark, raving mad. But someone's looking out for her, and she's allowed to return after a mere hundred years in exile. Is it too much to hope for that not much has changed? Apparently it is. Bummer.

She's missed her daughter. She's missed Reyes. She's missed Cookie and Garrett and Uncle Bob. But now that she's back on earth, it's time to put to rest burning questions that need answers. What happened to her mother? How did she really die? Who killed her? And are cupcakes or coffee the best medicine for a broken heart? It all comes to a head in an epic showdown between good and evil in this final smart and hilarious novel.

my rate


I finish this series and I dunno if I'm sad or happy. I'm kind of disappointed how it ended, but that's for you to find out when you read the actual end. Last time I read a book in this series was just one book that recently came out and I had to wait a year for book #12 and then it was announced that book #13 was going to be out a year after that and it would be the last one... so let's say that I waited a LOT until both books were out so I could read them and not be left hanging, sadly the hanging part still happened.

Reading Charley was like a breath of fresh air. I missed reading her thoughts and how the couldn't stop thinking of everything and nothing at all. I missed the gang and how everyone comes together to solve whatever shit is going down no matter who made the problem happened. I hated that the author always left me out of the secret until everything came out. It happened too many things to count. I loved that no matter that the world was actually ending, everyone had hope and really knew that Charley was going to make everything okay again. That no matter that everything said that Reyes was bad, Charley knew he was inside the monster in front of her.

What I most loved of the whole series was the jokes. The series is hilarious and I cannot recommend this series enough. It is everything in a whole package. Is fantasy, paranormal, romance, crime investigation, but a humorous series. There is not a moment that I can say that I was bored or that I wanted to take a breather from reading the series. I took moments because I had to, not because I wanted to.

I know, for a fact, that there is more to come and I will be behind the author to take any crumbs she wants to give the fans, but the waiting will be painful. I know, for a fact, that Beep will the protagonist this time around and I can't wait for it to happen. I know, for a fact, that I will fall in love with Osh more than I already am and I cannot wait. To end all of this, I cannot wait for more and you shouldn't wait any longer to read this whole series and wait for more with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!