Monday, February 4, 2019

Book to Movie [10]: Series of Unfortunate Events, Finale

A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

[BOOKS 10 TO 13 - SEASON 3]

Author: Lemony Snicket
Published: between Sept 30th, '99 to April 15th, '00
Read: between Oct 7th, '17 to Oct 24th, '17

Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
Released: January 1st, 2019

Seen: January 3rd, 2019.

Now, this season is just the last three books. These books were the longest of the whole series and so many things happened (so many little details) that I was beyond happy when I saw it all and more. I was dreading how everything was going to end because even though the Baudelaires had a horrible childhood, I didn't want the story to end.

In this season, the story picks up just where it left us, hanging on a cliff. And just like the title of book number ten says, it was a slippery slope from there. Everything becomes so complicated that is hard to see a happy ending. But here is the thing, from the second one (page on) Mr. Snicket is telling us everything is unfortunate that the ending of this story will not be a happy one. So, what do I do? I hope. I hoped to see a little more than what I read. I got my wish, but I don't know if it was for the best.

The end of the series is a little different than the books. Still left us clueless of what happened to the Baudelaires, but it gave us hope also. Hope that maybe those kids found their happy ending no matter that is not yet written. I have to applaud Lemony Snicket for a great series, but also Netflix of committing to this as much as it did. Everything was outstanding and I recommend this series a LOT.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!