Friday, January 18, 2019

[Review] Obsidio, by: Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff

The Illuminae Files #3

OBSIDIO

by: Amie Kaufman & Jay Kristoff
Publication Date: March 13th, 2018
Read Date: January 18th, 2019
Genre: Science Fiction, Young Adult
Format: Hardcover (library book)
Pages: 628

 

Kady, Ezra, Hanna, and Nik narrowly escaped with their lives from the attacks on Heimdall station and now find themselves crammed with 2,000 refugees on the container ship, Mao. With the jump station destroyed and their resources scarce, the only option is to return to Kerenza—but who knows what they'll find seven months after the invasion?

Meanwhile, Kady's cousin, Asha, survived the initial BeiTech assault and has joined Kerenza's ragtag underground resistance. When Rhys—an old flame from Asha's past—reappears on Kerenza, the two find themselves on opposite sides of the conflict.

With time running out, a final battle will be waged on land and in space, heroes will fall, and hearts will be broken.

my rate


Well, I haven't written a review in a LONG while, and I have been reading this book for a LONG while too. So, if you are good at math, this adds well. I remember when I first read the other two books in this series, I was so stocked for everything. These books are formatted very differently and I think that's what I love the most of it, so reading the third (and last) was a must. When I finally got it in my hands, I was like "gonna finish it in a day". But when I started reading it I noticed that this book was (1) long, (2) complicated, but (3) I didn't have the time to actually finish it in a day. Days passed by, then weeks and finally, months. But I finished it today, so I will not put off this review as much as I did reading the book.

The Iluminae Files are a bunch of files (for lack of words) that recapitulate everything that happened in the invasion and the killing of thousands of people thanks to BiTech. In this book, the face of the company is on trial, but to know the verdict, first, we must read what happened after the station got blown away. That is when dear Hannah starts.

If the first book was what happened with the ships that "rescued" people from Kerenza IV, and the second book is what happened when they went to look for help at Heimdall, then this book is about what happened to all those people that were "left behind" on Kerenza, and how the Iluminae group is going to rescue them. If the first book was "around" the couple Ezra and Kady, and the second book was "around" Hannah and Nik, then this book will go "around" Asha and Rhys. I'm telling you that all these characters are important and are keys to the Illuminae Files.

This book is packed as much as the ocean is full of water. From riots inside the Mao to riots on Kerenza IV. Going back and forth was exasperating because the authors would always cut to the other place on the good moments. The suspense of some scenes were killing me. The stubbornness of some characters were trying my patience. But the romantic scenes were melting my heart. The sad parts were making my eyes water, and the action had me at the edge of my bed. This is a series that cannot be compared to anything I have read or ever will.

Recommending these books is beyond already said. You won't regret it. It had heroes, it had villains, but the monster is the one you will love the most. Remember those words when you read these. I will miss these "kids", they made my heart soar at the end and that's what I'm most grateful about.

reviews in this series

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!