Saturday, January 19, 2019

Book to Movie [9]: Series of Unfortunate Events, Part 2


A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS

[BOOKS 5 TO 9 - SEASON 2]

Author: Lemony Snicket
Published: between Sept 30th, '99 to April 15th, '00
Read: between Oct 7th, '17 to Oct 24th, '17

Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
Released: March 30th, 2018
Seen: around the same time.

Look, if I thought the first season of this series was good enough to make me read all the books, then this one did not disappoint at all. It took me a while to actually see the whole season, but just because it was going to leave me in a literal cliff and I hate waiting. I have patience but ain't a saint.

This season took us to a horrible school, an awful building with a mysterious elevator that no one could use, a very vile village, and a hostile hospital. The Baudelaires are in for a long journey of never-ending unfortunate events, one after the other. I still in shock of no one active listening to these kids. I believe that there was more than a bunch of people willing to help them, but their minds were too far away from what was really happening.

Netflix portrays the kids, the people, and the villains really well. It shows how people were trying to actively help, but fate had other plans. It shows how bad things were and that there was no other option but to continue to survive no matter the cost. But when the cost is one of them, is a no go. That's why these siblings must remain together, which was really frustrating to end this season in the part that they are not together anymore.

The site is having a good mind in doing all these series/movies out of books because it shows their good planning. Then with all the views, it shows that people love books but even more when they can see what they actually read. If you read these books, I recommend this series a lot. It might not be super exact, but all the details are here and more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!