Monday, November 17, 2014

[R] Broken Course, by Aly Martinez

Broken Course
(Wrecked & Ruined #3)
by: Aly Martinez

★★★★★

Seven years ago, my life changed forever. One accident and the person I saw in the mirror no longer resembled the woman I used to be. I was lost and confused inside my own body. I felt alone and disconnected from the world, carrying the incredible weight of guilt and loss that wasn't even mine to harbor.

Then fate led me to Leo James. He taught me that crazy could be perfectly normal and it shouldn't hurt to breathe. Don't get me wrong. Leo isn't perfect. He has his own cross to bear, and the truth is, that might be why I fell for him in the first place. But despite everything he does for me, learning to forgive myself is infinitely harder than overlooking the flaws of another.

Now, the secrets and lies of our past have begun to dictate our future—threatening to ruin us before we get the chance to try. Perhaps we were cursed from the start. Or maybe, just maybe, the remnants of our fractured lives will fit together to form one whole, where love isn’t questioned and being happy is…well, easy.

Can a second broken soul be enough to fill the voids of my own? Or will such scarred pasts prove too much for our love alone to overcome?

my thoughts

Let's see, I finished this book in 24 hours and I haven't done that in quite some time, these days I'm doing that lately. Going to sweet old habits, reading one more chapter until I finish the whole book. So, this book, is part of a series I have heard a lot about, but haven't read any books. Still this book called more my attention and I read without reading the two books before. From what I understand they don't connect (I think), so I didn't miss much. Now, I totally do not regret reading this book because I devoured in no time.
“I’m thankful for the broken course that led me to here.”
The whole story of "Broken Course" called my attention, because its about two broken people. What I didn't understand was how broken they were. The story of Sarah is sad, but Leo's story is even sadder. How can two people deal with all this shit and still living? The best gift they have is each other. From the beginning of the book, this couple is the perfect one. Leo is the most lovable guy I have ever read and Sarah understands what everyone is up to. Sometimes she shows a little about her past but Leo is there for her.
“In the end, no one was really wrecked or ruined. Our lives may have changed, but we’re not broken and nothing was truly stolen but time. It’s hard for me to reflect on the years of heartbreak and tragedy and feel anything positive about it. It was a journey, albeit a rough one, but we’re all better people because of it. But as I look around the room today, it’s easy to recognize that we all found the right course eventually.”
I love how this story was made. That no matter how much dirt we discover, the book was a happy one. It made me cry at parts, yes, but mostly it was a happy book and with a totally happily every after at the end. I love so much the end! The only sad thing is that it was done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!