Tuesday, January 14, 2014

[R] Lola & the Boy Next Door, by: Stephanie Perkins

Lola & the Boy Next Door
(Anna & the French Kiss #2)
by: Stephanie Perkins

★★★★★

Lola Nolan is a budding costume designer, and for her, the more outrageous, sparkly, and fun the outfit, the better. And everything is pretty perfect in her life (right down to her hot rocker boyfriend) until the Bell twins, Calliope and Cricket, return to the neighborhood. When Cricket, a gifted inventor, steps out from his twin sister's shadow and back into Lola's life, she must finally reconcile a lifetime of feelings for the boy next door.


LOLAAAAAA! That was basically what I scream every time she did something awkward, stupid or insane, which was most of the time. Either way, I love the book and I love it even more than the first book. I know that the first book and the second aren't like actually sequels, but the two most important characters from the first book appeared and we see a glimpse of how life is treating them. I LOVE THE BOOK!

This time, our main character is Dolores "Lola" Nolan. You can tell that her life is a kind of screwed up, but surviving is her day by day situation, which she do it thanks to her customers. Her life right in the beginning is very near to perfect. She got a hot rock body for boyfriend, Max, she is in her senior year and she will be a clothes designer someday. Her parents don't approve of Max, but maybe that can change. Things go to hell, when the Bells move once again to be their neighbors. That includes the handsome Cricket Bell, who she always have a crush in him and we can say the same from him towards her. Now, things complicate, right?

I will totally ramble about this book, so be prepared. As I said, I LOVE IT. It was kind of hard to read, because I could understand everything she was suffering or most of all. Lives can be so screwed up like Lola's and I know it from first hand. But Lola's life... let's just say that it was hard to resolve her problems. OH NO, scratch that. It was easy, but it was hard to make the decision because people can get hurt and they did get hurt. I wonder what happened with Max at the end, but if he suffered is his fault.

But Cricket!! He was the most amazing guy I have ever read in a contemporary novel. I swear, he was just that perfect. Why couldn't Lola see that? Ugh. Frustration the whole book thanks to Lola. Anyway... St. Clair asdfghjklasdfghjkl... Anna and St. Clair are just plain perfect. I couldn't stop smiling whenever I read that they were happy. They found home and Lola sort of did too with Cricket.

THE BOOK IS PERFECT, SO READ IT!

1 comment:

  1. Great review :)
    I've just finished reading Anna and the French Kiss, and i've ordered this to read next!

    ~Em
    http://theyanightstand.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!