Friday, December 28, 2018

Book Issue [14] - Audiobooks are a Whole New World

I created this to basically ramble about any problem related to books that I have and that maybe you do too. Hope you like reading the following issue...

Book Issue #14 - Audiobooks are a Whole New World

When it comes to audiobooks, sometimes I feel like a horrible parent that is always forgetting that they have a kid. In the deep of my mind, I know they are out there, but I feel like not caring until I remember and think they are a good idea to have. The circle goes on and on.

Look, these days I'm bad at even reading the books I want to. I have become that person that asks others "how do you find time to read all those books?". I have never asked such question, but I feel like one. So having the wild idea that maybe I should change to an audiobook and hear them while I do my many things, is just that a WILD IDEA.

I'm a person that is always listening to stuff, meaning music, and sometimes a tv in the background. But I really think that audiobooks are not a solution for me. I barely pay attention to what is in the background, I just like not to hear the white noise of silence. So if I put on the sound of someone reading me a book, I will not pay attention, for most of the time.

I do not take a long time to commute to work or anything, so the car is out of the question. If I'm cleaning I want music, not someone trying to build a world while I scrub germs away. If I'm in bed, I will most likely fall asleep if someone is reading me something. So all these scenarios are out now, there are no others so it means no audiobooks for me.

Really, I have tried. I have "heard/read" at least three audiobooks in my life. The first one I finished the book in hardcover instead of keeping listening to the person. The other two were short, like five hours, so I was good. I don't think they are good for me and that's not sad at all. Some people like Coke and other Pepsi.

Do you have the same problem as me?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!