Saturday, November 11, 2017

Book Issues [12] - Should I read from my library or my bookshelf?

I created this to basically ramble about any problem related to books that I have and that maybe you do too. I'm trying to post one every two months and as for now, I'm doing good. Let's see at the end of the year how I did. Hope you like reading the following issue...

Book Issue #12 - Should I read from my library or my bookshelf?

Is no secret that I work in an Elementary School, not as a teacher (yet) but as a librarian. So my whole day is full of books and kids. So many books, so little time. Every week I have to make me the question: should I read a book from my library (aka work) or my bookshelf?

After I moved from my adored Puerto Rico, reading has become second (or maybe third) in my day to day. I moved to Texas with plans that are barely still up now. The first step was a job and after trial and error, I landed the fabulous job of Library Aide in an Bilingual Elementary School and I love every single second of it.

I LOVE kids, and that is one of many reasons why I want to teach. And I LOVE books, so what better job that combine both things than an elem. school?

Reading still in the back burner, trying to warm up but always finding the stove turn off. I have to admit that I'm reading more now than when I actually moved four months ago. But the problem is that I'm not reading books from MY bookshelf. Instead, I am reading books from MY work. So working in a library have its disadvantages. I really want to read all the books in my bookshelf, which they are not a lot because of the moving, but the library books call to me whenever I have them in my hands.

The solution that I have come up to is this: I'll finish the series I'm reading now (that is from the library) and then I'll read a series from the bookshelf. So I'll read one from there and one from here and so on. Get it? It is not that bad.

I also really want to visit my local library because I never been to one, but I am so afraid to get a lot of books and then I'll have a huge problem of what to read and I'll end up reading nothing at all. Baby steps, right? Always follow the baby steps.

That's my piece, I had to write this. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!