Saturday, January 13, 2018

#ReviewsInFewWords [6]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read a long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide into different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so because here goes nothing.

New Soul #3

INFINITE

by: Jodi Meadows
Publication Date: January 24th, 2014
Read Date: March 23rd, 2016
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 418

 

my rate:


Let me strat by saying that this whole post is called the Forgotten jewels, because somehow I rated them real high or maked as favorites, but I remember shit about the main things in the books. I have no idea why I'm writting a review that I have no recognition of even reading the book, so let's see how this whole post goes.

Infite. This book I rememeber little. It had a lot of action in comparison to the other books, I think I remember more this one than any other. I loved the whole drama and the book opened me up to search more books of this author (which I will read in the future). Everything was pure fantasy and I loved every single bit of it. It even has dragons! I also adored the romance bits and of course, a happy ending (or so I think it had one).

Seriously, I remember that the author was a good one is telling us things and explaining them very well. I enjoyed the series and I recommend it to my fantasy lovers out there.

MEMOIRS OF A TEENAGE AMNESIAC

by: Gabrielle Zevin
Publication Date: August 21st, 2007
Read Date: April 24th, 2016
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Young Adult
Format: Paperback
Pages: 271

 

my rate:


Oh my! Amnesiac is what I have right now. I remember zippo of this story. But I remember being frustrated to the narrator. Feeling that for a short book the story was going on and on. That it had a good ending, but not my favorite. That I hated that the girl didn't trust the boy I trusted to be true. I hated that she didn't have much info because she didn't freaking remember.

At the end, I think I was good with all of it because I rated four stars. Still, I wouldn't recommend it because I don't remember much, so... up to you. After a few months, I gave the book away and did not look back to it.

Ember Quartet #1

AN EMBER IN THE ASHES

by: Sabaa Tahir
Publication Date: April 28th, 2015
Read Date: May 17th, 2015
Genre: Fantasy, Young Adult
Format: Hardcover
Pages: 446

 

my rate:

I remember when I bought this book. I was halfway to one in my hand when I begged my dad to buy it for me in Cotsco, he did. That day I finished the one I was halfway and start this one. My dad saw all this and he was really proud of himself because he bought the book and I was actually reading it. Whatever.

I remember thinking this book was a standalone and it was so cool because of that. I was so disappointed when I actually realized it was not. I felt betrayed. Anyways, the book was good. It was split between I don't remember how many stories, but all of them entwined at the end, it was so good! I remember the girl being a badass, so there you go. My memories recommend this book.

DISFIGURED LOVE

by: Georgia Le Carre
Publication Date: December 2nd, 2014
Read Date: May 17th, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 320

 

my rate:


Well, this book is fuzzy, but not as much as the others. Why? Because is basically a retelling of Beauty and the Beast, but adult version and kind of different. The story is told by her side, I think. She was bought because her father was abusive, he needed money, so he sold her. The one who bought was a Beast. Let's say he wasn't a pretty face.

And you know, just like the Disney fairytale, the Beauty falls in love with the creature, but she had to go back and see what happened to her family. The Beast let her go, but he understood that he really loved her and went to get her blah blah blah. I don't remember much. I think the father dies (because he wasa bad man) or something like that. At the end, they lived happily ever after.

You wanted a retelling? Read this one. Should I recommend it? I don't even remember the character names! *awkward silence* That's it.

WITH OR WITHOUT HIM

by: Barbara Elsborg
Publication Date: November 1st, 2013
Read Date: May 28th, 2015
Genre: MM Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 427

 

my rate:


I talk that I never remember shit, but is true. I don't even remember what made me read this book. But appearently I read, I loved it and rate it all the stars. So, let's see. I loved MM Romance, so there's that. There's a rich man that swoops a poor man out of his feet, cliché, just how I love it. There's mystery. There's someone whatching. And then, there's the romance. I think that's why I love it. Who knows? Apparenlty not me.

Those are very forgotten jewels!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!