Sunday, January 28, 2018

[Review] The Clover Chapel, by: Devney Perry

Jamison Valley #2

THE CLOVER CHAPEL

by: Devney Perry
Publication Date: May 30th, 2017
Read Date: January 28th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: ebook
Pages: 408

 

She took a dare and fell in love. 
Truth would have been the smarter choice.

After years of living under her father’s thumb, Emmeline is ready to break free. She’s abandoned her life as a New York socialite to follow her dream of becoming a kindergarten teacher in a small, wholesome town. Seeing the man that nearly broke her was absolutely not what she had hoped to find in Prescott, Montana.

Nick hasn’t seen his Emmy in nine years, but that doesn’t mean he’s forgotten a thing about the woman he loves. After just one blissful night as man and wife, he gave her up, sacrificing his own happiness to keep her safe—far away from him. But the moment she walks back into his lonely life is the moment he decides never to let her go again. He won’t waste his second chance. All he has to do is win back Emmeline’s heart, keep her safe from the shadows in his past and prove to her that taking a wager on him is a sure bet.

my rate


I promised that I was going to keep up with this series, and I fulfilled my promise! Surprise, surprise when the second book was not about Silas, but of Nick. I was disappointed, but not that much. Nick is gorgeous so reading about him was definitely on my list.

Plot twist, Nick is married and never told anyone. It has passed nine years since he saw his wife, now somehow she ends up in the same small town where he lives. Is fate, Nick believes. There hasn't been a day that he doesn't think about her. But Emmeline moved on with her life. She has a boyfriend now, one that is many states away. She definitely hates Nick's guts. And she is sure not to fall for his charms again. But in order for her to gain her divorce, he asks her for one chance. One chance to prove her that they are good and that they can continue where they left.

Emmeline is a redhead, and just like any redheaded girl, she is fire. But Nick is a fireman, so he knows how to put her fire out. These two were literally meant for each other. Circumstances put them apart and that was a damn shame, but now they have all the time to catch up if Emmy gets her head out of her ass. I love their story, not as much as the first book, but still a good one. As I said before, I love small town stories. Places where people know everyone's business. So this series has the perfect setting in my mind. Also, these characters are awesome. I loved to see more of Rowen, Gigi, and Jess. I also loved to see a little of Maisy and Silas (I seriously need to read his book asap... I can't wait for Maisy's).

Overall, the book is not long. It is easy going (which means that in that aspect is better than the first one). And I loved every bit of it. I'm sure you'll love all the romance of this book. Give it a go.

PS, THE COVER IS GORGEOUS!

last review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!