Monday, January 22, 2018

[Review] The Coppersmith Farmhouse, by: Devney Perry

Jamison Valley #1

THE COPPERSMITH FARMHOUSE

by: Devney Perry
Publication Date: March 9th, 2017
Read Date: January 22nd, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Ebook
Pages: 374

 

One old farmhouse brought them together. It could also tear them apart.

Gigi has just uprooted her whole world to start a new life. The unexpected gift of a farmhouse in small-town Montana is just what she and her daughter need to escape big-city loneliness. The last thing she needs is an attitude from the town’s sheriff, the most perfectly attractive and ruggedly handsome man she’s ever laid eyes on—and a complete jerk.

Jess knows all about women like Gigi. Beautiful. Sexy. Scheming. She’s stolen his sanctuary, the farmhouse that should have been his. But along with a face full of freckles, she’s got a sharp wit and a backbone of steel—something he doesn’t discover until after making a complete fool of himself. If he can earn back her trust and win her heart, he might just find the home he’s always needed.

my rate


If you know me, then you know that I am a sucker for romance. If you know me well, then you know I'm a sucker for guys in uniform. And if you know me very well, then you know that I'm a sucker for small-town sheriff, cowboy. One of my top favorite books has that description and so does this one.

What really drew into this book was book #5 and not exactly the book, but a review of it. I was ready to jump into reading book #5, but I stopped myself and look up the series. I caught a glimpse of what was the first book about and I couldn't stop myself from reading it at that same moment. Now, here I am. A read book, a promise to continue the series as soon as I finish a book that I already started before this one, and wanting to screw my tbr list just to keep reading this series.

Small town Montana. I swear that I need to move to one of those towns. Apparently, when you are new in those, you get a dreamy boyfriend/future husband, a dream job, and good friends... exactly everything I am lacking right now that I live in a big, big city. Georgia Ellars got to live my dream. She moved to the middle of nowhere, got a job in what she loved and got snatched by the sexiest man in town, the sheriff. I'm pretty sure that the life of Jess Clearly was really boring before Gigi pulled in this town, but I bet that he wouldn't have taken her any other way. Those two were like oil and water in the beginning, but then everything was so sweet like sugar to coffee. I loved every single bit of them together.

I have to admit that the book was a little bit dragging sometimes and I'm mad that the whole meat of action in the book happened in the last, like, three chapters. Apart from those two things, the book was good and I really liked it. If you feel like reading it, do it and if you feel like stop reading it, push through because the end is worth it.

PS, the cover is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!