Tuesday, January 16, 2018

[Review] The Spiral Down, by: Aly Martinez

The Fall Up #2

THE SPIRAL DOWN

by: Aly Martinez
Publication Date: May 14th, 2016
Read Date: January 16th, 2018
Genre: MM Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 242

 

I was afraid to fly.
He made me soar.

After years of climbing the ladder of success in the music industry, I finally had everything I could want.
Yet I still found myself wandering through life alone.

Captain Evan Roth was the one man I never saw coming.
Tall, dark, mysterious… Straight.

We were both damaged beyond repair and searching for something so elusive we weren’t sure it even existed.

But, when two broken souls collide in midair, falling is a given.

I just never expected to crave the spiral down.

my rate


Welp, this was out of my list of books to read ASAP. I was looking for something kind of quick, romance and hot. I hit the jackpot when this book opened up on my iPad. It has been there maybe more than a year now, I'm so glad that I read it.

Now, I have to explain something that somehow I have done twice with Aly Martinez series. This is the second time that I have read a book in a series and the book is not #1. I never had any interested in reading the ones before and right now I don't have the desire of reading the book that came before this one. You see what have I done? I don't regret a single thing, but maybe, just maybe if I had started with the first one maybe I would have been reading the second one now instead of writing its review. Such is life. I know I'm crazy.

This story is just like I love them. MM romance pouring everywhere. I love these stories because the gay guy always have to "hunt" the straight one and that's funny and romantic. BUT this time around the "not-so-straight" man was the one "on the hunt", not in the beginning, but you get my meaning. I loved reading in both of their point of views. Their texts, their phone calls and whenever they were in front of each other. Everything was funny, romantic and perfect.

Their backgrounds were different, but their stories were similar. It was heartbreaking, mostly Evan's. I felt his heartache whenever he talked about his past. And I could feel the fear in Henry's words whenever he talked about flying or feeling alone. This author right here is a good one (I need to read more of her books, I swear). She writes for you to feel it. And I loved every single page.

This book is what I needed and I didn't even ask for it. I totally did the right choice in picking it out of nowhere, opening it and reading it all in one sitting.

PS, that cover is GORGEOUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!