Tuesday, March 20, 2018

[Review] The Prophecy, by: Jennifer L. Armentrout

Titan #4

THE PROPHECY

by: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Publication Date: March 20th, 2018
Read Date: March 16th, 2018
Format: eBook
Pages: 400

 

History is on repeat…

Seth never thought he’d have a future. But now he’s on the brink of having it all with Josie: A tomorrow. A family. A forever. And all that's standing between him and that forever is the Titans. If he helps Josie entomb them -- without killing them, a nearly impossible task for him -- everything he could ever want will be in reach. But he soon realizes that as a god, every little choice he makes can reshape the world for the better… or worse. And in meddling with the Titans, Seth may have just set into motion catastrophic consequences that will force the Olympians to enter the mortal realm and reshape the delicate balance of power that keeps the world from total collapse.

A price must be paid…

Entombing the Titans is Josie’s top priority. After all, it was what she was born to do. But the plans her father put into play to help her are no longer an option, and the odds she and Seth face in forging their own path are grim. The escalating violence between halfs and pures only increases the danger closing in on them and their friends. Josie knows their chances of succeeding in their task are slim at best -- and if they fail, they might lose everything. But she also knows she's not fighting just for herself -- she's fighting for the man she loves, for their future, for the world. Together with the Army of Awesome, Josie and Seth will face the unthinkable. And to win this war, the ultimate sacrifice must be made.

For the end is here and the Prophecy will be fulfilled…. 

my rate


I finished it. I'm so sad, but so happy that I finish one of my favorite series. I was dying to finally read the happy ending, but this feeling is bittersweet. I applaud the author for this series, it was way better than the one before. I just feel that things were not completed enough, but the main problem was and I'm happy for it.

If you read the Covenant series, then Titan is for you. This is the last book in the series and is totally bittersweet. So if you read the original series, then you know this spin-off is to give us the final (happy) end of Seth and our new kickass female lead, Josie. The book before this one was strong, it made everything very more complicated, so I wasn't sure of how this was going to end. This is the quick summary... Josie is a demigod and the love of Seth's live, who is now a god. These two are expecting a child, call that a blessing. The Titans are furious and killing people like they are cockroaches. The demigods must stop them, but no other God wants to tell them how. When a sacrifice must be made, things might fall apart.

While reading this book I was truly scared of my favorite characters. This author, as any other, kills people for fun, so I was very very afraid. Let's say that I was waiting for the plot twists that happened, but I wanted the explication of why they happened, and it was good. Is so secret that Greek Mythology is my fave, but I have to admit that authors are making me hate these gods. They are so selfish, but so selfless when needed. They talk very cryptic and made my insides bust of rage. They are also hilarious because Dionysus wearing a beach shirt is funny, so is one of the Titans having a blue mohawk. But my whole love goes to Apollo. He got his hands dirty, he deserves all the awards and be remembered as the hero he is.

Kudos to the author for making a book so good that I didn't want to remember anymore because my tears were going to fall. Fully recommend the series.

past reviews

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!