Monday, March 12, 2018

[Review] Shiver, by: Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine

SHIVER

by: Ella Frank & Brooke Blaine
Publication Date: October 15th, 2017
Read Date: March 11th, 2018
Genre: MM Romance, BSDM, Dark, Adult
Format: ebook
Pages: 302

 

Wide-eyed and innocent, you stumbled into my world, never knowing the danger that lurked within. The Wolfe’s Den is no place for a little lamb, but you came anyway, and from the moment you stepped inside, you were mine.

In my life there are no happy accidents. Every move is carefully orchestrated. Every situation premeditated. That’s what makes the hunt so intoxicating.

What you need, I become.

What you crave, I will give.

Except the one thing you desire above all else—love.

Everything I told you is true—I’m not a good man, but you choose what you want to hear.

You shouldn’t have come that night. Maybe then you’d be safe. But it’s too late now.

I want you because you remind me of him. I need you to give me back what I lost.

my rate


You know that Ella Frank is my go-to girl for MM romance, but I swear that she forgot something in this book. The damn end. And I'm truly mad about that little detail and I don't think I will get over it, sorry. Apart from that, the book was a page-turner. It just wants you to read it all in one sitting, so I did.

Yes, for the Fifty Shades vibe. Salvatore Wolfe is the other of a BSDM club. Jesse Clark has never been in that environment, but Wolfe knows he's perfect. After that day, Wolfe begins to prey on his little lamb. Jesse doesn't know, but he is in for the ride of his life. These two attract more than magnets. But Wolfe's ming is fucked up and Jesse wants in everywhere. He might not like what he finds.

Wolfe is rich, check.
Wolfe is dominant, check.
Wolfe is a control-freak, check.
Jesse is the best bet for Wolfe, but there's much in the past that prevents them to actually be happy. I hate that the book keeps going on and on about things but not on the stuff that I was really into. Like the romance. Like a freaking happy ending or an end for example. I get that the book is not supposed to be a romance, but a girl can hope. I understand that the book had so many fucked up things, but at the end... is still a book, still fiction and I enjoyed how everything was written. I loved how Ella Frank and Brooke Blaine did these characters, so I'm good.

What I'm not good with? The end. As I said I will never move on with the fact that these two authors didn't give me an end like they always write them. I'm so mad and just for that, I'm giving this book three stars. Sorry, not sorry. I actually don't recommend this book because the end made me suffer a lot and I don't want anyone feeling what I did. That's my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!