Thursday, March 29, 2018

[Series Review] Hart's Boardwalk, by: Samantha Young

Hart's Boardwalk #1

THE ONE REAL THING

by: Samantha Young
Publication Date: September 6th, 2016
Read Date: March 24th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 382

 

Welcome to Hartwell, a quiet seaside escape where uncovering old secrets could lead one woman to discover the meaning of a love that lasts…

While Doctor Jessica Huntington engages with the inmates at the women’s correctional facility where she works, she’s always careful to avoid emotional attachments in her personal life. Loss and betrayal taught her that lesson long ago. But when she comes across a set of old love letters in the prison’s library and visits the picturesque town of Hartwell to deliver them to their intended recipient, she finds herself unable to resist the town’s charm—and her attraction to the sexy owner of a local bar proves equally hard to deny.

Since his divorce from his unfaithful ex-wife, Cooper Lawson has focused on what really matters: his family and the boardwalk pub they’ve owned for generations. But the first time Jessica steps into his bar, Cooper is beyond tempted to risk his heart on her. Yet as their attraction grows hotter and Jessica remains stubbornly closed off, he begins to realize it will take more than just passion to convince her there’s only one real thing in life worth fighting for….

Hart's Boardwalk #2

EVERY LITTLE THING

by: Samantha Young
Publication Date: March 7th, 2017
Read Date: March 26th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 352

 

Hartwell, Delaware—the perfect place to get away from it all, and find what you never knew you needed…

Bailey Hartwell has many reasons to feel content—her successful business, a close circle of friends, and her steady boyfriend…even if their romance feels staid after ten years without a serious commitment. The only challenge in her life comes in the form of sexy businessman Vaughn Tremaine. She thinks the ex-New Yorker acts superior and that he considers her a small-town nobody. But when Bailey’s blindsided by a betrayal, she’s shocked to discover Vaughn is actually a decent guy.

Vaughn admires Bailey’s free spirit, independence, and loyalty. As his passion for her has grown, his antagonism toward her has only worsened. Every little thing Bailey does seduces him. But when Vaughn’s painful emotional past makes him walk away in fear he will hurt her, it opens an old wound in Bailey, and she uncharacteristically retreats.

Once Vaughn begins to realize he’s made the biggest mistake of his life, he has no choice but to fight like he’s never fought before to convince Bailey that the love they’ve found together only comes around once in a lifetime.

overall rating


After sitting awhile thinking of what to read as a review for these books, I conclude that I am disappointed. I read the series On Dublin Street by this same author and it was so good that I had to continue reading more of her books. I was let down, but I think is my fault. I was looking to feel like when I read the other series. I was thinking that I was going to have the same feeling of... I don't even know what to call it. The thing is that it did not happen and that is why my review is kind of pointless, but I want to give my point.

Hart's Boardwalk is the setting, which is in Hartwell, Delaware. For the descriptions and all, the place is heaven. It has a legend of being a romantic place. A place in where you'll find your true love and be forever happy. So when Jessica arrives to Hartwell, her life literally does a 180 spin. She finds love, friendship, and a new happy life. A different case is for Bailey because she is Hartwell's sweetheart. She has been living there since forever, but still, her life did a 180 when she notices that her life isn't as happy as she thought it was. Cooper never thought to open a door for a stranger would lead him to fall in love again. Vaughn never thought to accept what he was feeling since he arrived to Hartwell and saw Bailey for the first time. These four people found friendship among themselves and a beautiful place to live happily ever after. Hartwell followed through with the legend.

Jess and Coop's story was slightly better than Bailey and Vaughn's, I have to say. I love the first two-quarters of the book, hated the third quarter of it, and accepted the last quarter of it all. I hated how some things came out of nowhere and where never brought up into the light again (in both books). I hated how other plots (of other characters) would develop, but there are not more books. I hated the whole speculation of the main characters about the secondary ones, but we never get real details. I hated how exactly the first book ended because let's be serious, that epilogue was NOT an epilogue. Everything felt forced at the end like done in a rush. I liked better the end for the second book, but it was so plain that I got mad.

I want to read more of these characters that were left on a cliff, but I'm not really sure if I would continue the series. I was let down (even if it was my fault) and I don't think that's enough encouragement for me to read more IF/WHEN there's more of it. This is my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!