Saturday, December 23, 2017

#ReviewsInFewWords [4]

Now, this is the type of post in where I type short reviews of books that I read a long time ago or books that I forgot to review once I was finished with them. I got a long list of books, so I will divide into different posts and post them once in a while. Anyways, I might not remember much of them, but how they made me feel will always stay within myself, right? I hope so because here goes nothing.
KRISTEN ASHLEY EDITION 1.0

Magdalene #1 & #2

THE WILL
SOARING

Publication Dates: April 8th, 2014 & March 16th, 2015
Read Dates: July 17th, 2015 & July 20th, 2015
Genres: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 453 & 596
  |  

rate for both


As I have said many times before, I might forget everything that happens in a book after years, but I will never forget what it made me feel. KA has this type of writing that will always suck me in no matter what is about. This series, in particular, I haven't finished yet (but soon)... I started it because I wanted to change the scenery. The stories are in Maine instead of Colorado, where I fell in love with most of her characters. I have never been in neither of those states, but I kind of want to after these books.

Magdalene, Maine, sounds like this small town that you go after having your heart broken many times and you want to get as far as possible from what you are used to. That's basically what happened in both books, and I'm totally into that. The Will & Soaring have this kind of flow that allows you to read the books in almost one sitting. It flows so well that at the end you just want more. Plus, the men in these stories are like Prince Charmings. I will always recommend KA books, but if you want something soft, tender and romantic (with some action twists), definitely read these books.

PLAY IT SAFE

Publication Date: January 14th, 2012
Read Date: July 20th, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 287 pages
 

my rate


This book is almost one of the very firsts that KA self-published and I certainly good the nice surprise that it was so good that I wanted a sequel or something, but sadly is a no-go. This book took so many twists, but the end result was my heart being whole again and I was so happy, smiling ear from ear. I enjoyed this book so much that I regret reading it in just one day.

I think that KA is a sucker for small towns because, once again, this story is in one. If she's a sucker writing about them, then I am a sucker reading them. I also loved the farm, horses, and animals kinds of scenery, so I was definitely in. BUT small towns, big inferno, or so my abuela says. I remember that the beginning of this book was a really good one, happy one, but then the town (meaning some jealous characters) got in the middle and fucked everything up. Time passed and one character from the same town got the middle to stick everything back together of how it was.

As I said, this book lefts you wanting more, but also so so happy that you kind of accept that its end. I totally recommend it.

HEAVEN AND HELL


Publication Date: December 28th, 2011
Read Date: July 21st, 2015
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 572
 

my rate


Oh, this book was good, good. But what I remember most what the fact that the book will have a sequel but to this day it doesn't have one (yet). I was so mad because I'm a curious butterfly and I wanted to know what was next in the secondary characters lives. That aside, the book was magical, just like any book of KA.

The main characters of this book had guts. She flew to another country alone just because. I don't have the guts to fly alone and explore a new country on my own, so kudos to her. AND landing a good hottie was def a plus for her in the adventure of her life.

I don't remember much, but the romance was good. The book was long, but I guess that it was so good that I read it in just one day, kudos to me. Again, I recommend... BUT I have to advise you to wait for the next one, which I think is in the works, so you aren't left hanging as I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!