Wednesday, December 27, 2017

[Review] The Time in Between, by: Kristen Ashley

Magdalene #3

THE TIME IN BETWEEN

by: Kristen Ashley
Publication Date: August 29th, 2017
Read Date: December 25th, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 563
 

After a painful loss, Cady Moreland is coming to Magdalene to start the next chapter of her life. A chapter that began eighteen years ago but had a heartbreaking ending. The time in between was full of family and friendship, but Cady could never get the man she fell in love with all those years ago out of her heart.

Coert Yeager has learned to live without the girl who entered his life right when she shouldn’t and exited delivering a crippling blow he never would have suspected. The time in between was full of failing to find what he was missing…and life-altering betrayal.

But when that girl shows up in Magdalene and buys the town’s beloved lighthouse, even if Coert wants to avoid her, he can’t. A fire in town sparks a different kind of flame that won’t be ignored.

As Cady and Coert question the actions of the two young adults they once were thrown into earth-shattering circumstances, can they learn from what came in between and find each other again?

my rate:

  

I need to apologize to Coert for all the many times that I read this name wrong in the book even though I knew I was reading it wrong. I truly apologize. I tried, but when I was not paying attention, I would read it wrong. I'm sorry.

Now that out of the way... I have to admit that I loved the book. I have to agree with some other reviewers that say that it was a little bit cliché, but nonetheless, I loved it all. I wept a little because the story was a little sad too. Overall, KA did it again.

From the past two books, we know Coert Yeager. Derby County Sheriff. The guy that cannot settle and no one knows why. We now know why and it broke my heart. We see a glimpse of the redhead, that now we know is called Cady. These two people are not opposites but they clash and the city might as well be war zone (in a good way). Coert and Cady have history, a long one. I have to admit that I was truly annoyed by the flashbacks because I don't love them much, but oh well. Just be prepared for them, because there are lots.

I loved the romance, all of it. The story of them was the bomb. I also have to admit that after they were finally together, everything went flat. There wasn't much action, but that only meant that their happiness went up and up, something that I didn't complain about, but you might. Take everything I am saying into consideration because I will not recommend you something I that I loved, but you might not.

KA is one of my top ten favorite authors, hands down. I am thrilled that I finish another of her series, but I am kind of mad that she hasn't finish others that came before. Either way, I will still read her and I recommend any of her books, again, hands down.

past reviews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!