Saturday, November 11, 2017

[Review] Bad Deeds, by: Lisa Renee Jones

Dirty Money #3

BAD DEEDS

by: Lisa Renee Jones
Release Date: August 8th, 2017
Read Date: June 21st, 2017
Format: Kindle Edition ARC
Pages: 282

Would you bleed for the one you love?

To save his family empire from the grip of the drug cartel, Shane is pushed to the edge of darkness, forced to make choices he might never make. His father is dying. His brother is desperate to rule the empire and this means war and all gloves are off. His brother only thought he knew what dirty meant. Shane is about to give it new meaning. There is another war brewing though, and that one, is inside him, his battle between right and wrong, light and dark, and in the heat of the night, it is Emily he turns to for escape. Driving her to new limits, pushing her to accept a part of him that even he cannot.

In every one of Shane's seductive demands, Emily can taste and feel, his torment, his struggle to save his family and not lose himself. But he is losing himself, and that is a problem just as dangerous as her secret, that still lurk in the shadows, a threat to the Brandon Family waiting to erupt. No matter where she and Shane have traveled, or will travel in the future, she can't just sit back and watch him become everything he hates, everything he never wanted to become, everything she tried to save him from when she tried to run. It could be their undoing, the end. His end.

This is war, blood will spill, and someone in the heart of the Brandon family will not survive....

my rate


My immediate thought after finishing this books is "fuck". There's no other word. Then I asked myself why did I always do these things to myself. Why do I always read the books that will have the worst cliffhangers? I knew something big was coming, but just like the pig for the slaughter, I went.

This series gets better each book and this family gets more fucked up every chapter. I'm sorry that my babies have to suffer. Fatality is coming and there's nothing I can do other than wait for the next book to come.

There's nothing much I can tell about what happens in this book without spoiling much because every little thing comes back to haunt these characters. But I will continue saying that what I loved of this whole romance is that it never goes flat. They always have each other's back, even though he wants to hide some major details to her, but she trusts him like she must. I'm intrigued by the brother, is he being truthful now? After all this time? I still have my doubts about him. I'm scared shitless of the cartel, but not Adrian. And I'm afraid what is going to happen if the father dies, hoping he doesn't die, but cancer is a bitch.

Those are all my thoughts together, like scrambled eggs. I had so many things in my mind after I finished, and I'm sorry that I cannot put them in words because I'm lost like that. Still, I totally recommend this series/books with my eyes closed.

 

last review

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!