Friday, November 24, 2017

Book to Movie [7]: Series of Unfortunate Events, Part 1


A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS


Author: Lemony Snicket
Published: between Sept 30th, '99 to April 15th, '00
Read: between Oct 7th, '17 to Oct 24th, '17

Director: Barry Sonnenfeld
Released: January 13th, 2017
Seen: around the same time.

Someone recommend me this series on Netflix that recently come out (back in January) and I was bored, I thought "why not" and I saw it all in two days.

At the end of season one, I (obvs) discover that more seasons were coming, BUT I needed to know how these orphans were going to end. Back then, I was not interested in reading all those books. But now that I work in a children's library, I got real curious. I haven't read them all, but I read all the books that were in season one.

I need to start saying that the series is JUST like the book. In my opinion. There are some slight changes, but those are not my concern whatsoever. The series captures tiny details that are explained in the books. The series captures that mysterious narrator called Lemony Snicket (which is the author). The series makes you want to laugh more than the book that's where my thumbs up goes to.

The books are terribly sad. The series is sad, but it makes you laugh (a little). So, even though I saw the series before reading the books (which is a terrible idea), I enjoyed the series more than the books. I have to admit that both ways there were times that it was too boring, but overall it was a good series AND a good read.

I recommend both or if you want to pick one... the series for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!