Sunday, June 2, 2019

[Review] Timid, by: Devney Perry

Lark Cove #2

TIMID

by: Devney Perry
Genre: Contemporary, Romance, Adult Fiction
Publication Date: September 4th, 2018
Read Date: March 1st, 2019
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 319

 

Willa Doon has always been shy. Her quiet demeanor was something she’s always embraced. That is, until Jackson Page moves to town. The one man she desperately wants to take notice struggles to remember her name.

Year after year, Willa stands by, watching as the bartender slash playboy drowns his demons in beer and sex. Then one night, he shows up at her door, suddenly aware that the girl he’s seen around Lark Cove is now a beautiful woman.

Except what he doesn’t remember is that this visit isn’t his first. They spent a night together once before. A night he’s forgotten, thanks to a bottle of tequila.

A night that crushed a timid girl’s heart, and set a broken man on the path to heal them both.

my rate


Devney Perry is an author I found my accident on Goodreads. Someone read a book by her, I got curious and research that book and its series, read them and everything else is history. I have been reading her most recent works and I still love her words as much as I did when I read the first book. This time around, Lark Cove is the setting and by the descriptions of it, I wish I could see it all.

The characters in this book are mentioned in the book before so it was no surprise to know how this one was going to start and end, now the route was going to be a different one. Willa has always been in love with Jackson, first sight love and she swore to someday marry him. Years later, she still has the same crushed on him, until one night he ventures to her door, kisses her and the forgets her the next day. Willa swears off of him until he finally sees her and wants everything with her. Obviously, she says no, the rest is for you to read.

I loved to read how Willa, a very timid and shy girl gets the courage to fight for what is right and for what she wants, which is Jackson, her one and only. I loved to read how a tough man would go to his knees for something he deems unworthy but still selfishly wants because he needs it. The story got good spins. It did not rip my heart and left me in a happy pills vibe for the rest of the night. I recommend, as always.

other reviews



No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!