Friday, July 6, 2018

[Review] Tattered, by: Devney Perry

Lark Cove #1

TATTERED

by: Devney Perry
Publication Date: June 19th, 2018
Read Date:  July 6th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Adult
Format: eBook
Pages: 374

 

Thea Landry has always known her place in modern-day society. It’s somewhere just above the trash can her mother dumped her in as a newborn but below the class where much comes easy. With her tattered shoes and bargain-bin clothes, her life has never been full of glamour.

So when a rich and charismatic man takes interest, she doesn’t fool herself into thinking their encounter is anything more than a one-night stand. Months later, she’s kicking herself for not getting his phone number. Or his last name. She’s given up hope of seeing him ever again.

Until one day, years later, Logan Kendrick waltzes into her life once more and turns everything she’s built upside down. This time around, she won’t make the same mistake. She’s going to fight to keep him in her life—not for herself.

But for their daughter.

my rate


I have said it before, in other reviews of this author, I love her writing. This author has become a “yes, I’ll read you” whenever a book of her comes out. Plus I really enjoy her descriptions of Montana and this series is settled there, so yay for me.

I have also said that second chance romances are not my style, but even though this book is one of those, it hardly smelled like one. Do I make myself clear? No? Well, what a pickle. The prologue shows how these two characters met, then six years past and fate brought them together, because, newsflash, they have a child and he knew shit about it. It really isn’t anyone’s fault, but the whole story now is how much Logan wants to form a family with her and his child, but he lives in NYC and they on Lark Cove. Plus he has a lot of time to catch on with them, so there’s that.

Thea was an easy to read character, and I loved every single page of her chapters. But Logan’s were full of illusions that us, as readers, knew were not going to happen. He really had the best intentions, but reality had to slap him in the face to really notice that his illusions were just that. I also loved every scene with Charlie. That girl cannot be more sweet, because it would give me diabetes. I also have to applaud Joan because everyone needs a Granny like her. But I have to hit Jackson in the head because what more of an asshole can he be? I know his intentions were protective and good, but it drove me mad.

Really, is no secret that you should read this sweet and lovely story. I wholeheartedly recommend because it made me happy through and through.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!