Thursday, July 5, 2018

[Series Review] Hacker, by: Meredith Wild

HACKER

by: Meredith Wild

    

HARDWIRED, HARDPRESSED, HARDLINE, HARD LIMIT & HARD LOVE
Genre: Contemporary Romance, Erotica, BDSM, Adult
Total of Pages: 1,427

 

my overall rating


After reading other books by this author, I said that I had to try more of her writing and I was not disappointed. “Hacker” was a good series that I really don’t know why I didn’t read before. I had them on my device for a while and it was until I was out of my mind trying to find something to read that I said “why the hell not?”

It was the perfect mixture of romance, cliffhangers and steamy scenes that I always love. It follows the story of an average girl straight out of college trying to make a life of her company. And a multibillionaire guy that totally has the hots for her, so he wants her and he will have her. Also, he might be a tad of a control freak, so he wants everything his way, but obviously she is totally not at all okay with that so she rebels. There’s a lot of secrets between them, which make everything worthwhile, but the cream on top is the villains that are out to get them. But as always, love prevails above all, which is what I always look forward to.

I know is a tad cliché to read about the control freak rich guy that wants the girl no matter how many times she says no, because she doesn’t actually mean it, BUT I love it and every author knows it so they keep writing books like these. I loved that the main male character in her was a little more down to earth than the typical line of “I’m rich and I have people to do that for me”.

Not a surprise that the series is called “Hacker” because he is indeed one. That fact goes against the rich thing because he does get his hand dirty working. I love him more than her because he was the type of not giving up. I hated that he wouldn’t be so straightforward with her, but oh well. I didn’t like that she wasn’t so much of a kickass as I like them to be. But overall, they were good characters.

I have to give kudos to the sidekick friend of her because she was totally a ride or die kind of friend. I loved that she got her happy ending too. In fact, everything all the way around was a happy end, and for that I was overjoyed. Really happy after reading these books. That’s my piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!