Wednesday, May 3, 2017

[Review] Dangerous Creatures, by: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

Dangerous Creatures #1

DANGEROUS CREATURES

by: Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl
Release Date: May 20th, 2014
Read Date: May 3rd, 2017
Format: Paperback
Pages: 327

Some loves are cursed . . . others are dangerous.

Ridley Duchannes will be the first to tell you that she's a bad girl. She's Dark. She's a Siren. You can never trust her, or even yourself when she's around. Lucky for her, Wesley 'Link' Lincoln can never seem to remember that; quarter Incubus or not, his heart is Mortal when it comes to Ridley. When Link heads to New York City to start a music career, Ridley goes along for the ride-and she has her own reasons. As if leaving small-town Gatlin for the big city, trying to form a band, and surviving life with a partially reformed Siren isn't hard enough already, Link soon learns he has a price on his head that no Caster or Mortal can ever pay.

Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl are back and casting another magical spell. Their signature mixture of mystery, suspense, and romance, along with a dash of fun and danger, will pull fans in and leave them begging for more.

MY RATE


My heart is in a million pieces, but still together... do you get me? Let see if I can explain.

Dangerous Creatures is a series to finally tied up some loose ends, but mostly to have a happy ending for Ridley and Link. Now, Ridley always is the troublemaker, but this time around she made a grave mistake. She owns people... scary-horror-movie people. She has two makers for Lennox Gates, a powerful Dark Caster. One of them is that Ridley has to bring a drummer for a band in New York, check. Because Link is a drummer and he needs a band in NY. The other maker is a house type, anything can come up for that. Ridley should be scared. She's a siren, she's supposed to know how to lie, but when Link doesn't believe them anymore, things get messy. Plus, there's the fact that their heads have a price. Everything went from bad to worse, as Mrs. Lincoln would say, and the Wheel of Fate hasn't stop spinning.

After resuming the book a little, I will say why my heart is in pieces but together. Ridley is a liar, so is a no-brainer that she would lie all the way to stop owning makers to a powerful Dark Caster. BUT she played with something precious to me, Link. She's a siren that from the moment she was Claimed, she only knew rejection, so now that finally someone LOVES her, what does she do? She fucks up and I was so mad at her. Everything was going from bad to worse to shitier to "oh hell". Ridley broke my heart piece by piece, until she finally put it all back together with a cheap glue that she found in a drawer. When I was finally happened, the AUTHORS killed me with a truck. Nothing is left of me, just my desperation to start reading the next book.

I have to tip my hats to the authors who create all these old and new characters. I fell in love with it all, like I did last time. I have to say, I don't have a favorite, I have tons. From Necro to Sampson, all of them rock.

People, Beautiful Creatures series might not be for everyone, so neither would be this one. I seriously recommend reading that one first and then this one. If you cannot swallow that one, why would you read this one? But if you read that one, you should definitely read this one and you should not wait for more time. Buy the book and read it now.

For anyone who doesn't know shit what I am talking about... This is about witches and all magical and beautiful, but dangerous creatures.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!