Tuesday, June 19, 2018

[Review] Blizzard, by: Cambria Hebert

BearPaw Resort #2

BLIZZARD

by: Cambria Hebert
Read Date: June 19th, 2018
Genre: Contemporary Romance, New Adult
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 351

 

An arctic blast is coming…

Fleeing to the wintry town of Caribou was always meant to be temporary, BearPaw Resort just a place to hide.

Never in a million years did I expect that running back to the past would bring me face to face with my future.

But it did, and now everyone I love is in danger.

I’ve already escaped death three times, and I know my luck is running out.

I’m left looking over my shoulder, watching and waiting, knowing they’re coming

But when?

Hiding is impossible when the mob wants you erased, and I love Liam far too much to try to disappear.

The more time I spend with him, the more I realize how much he needs me.

A darkness lurks inside him, and the colder it gets, the more I see it in his eyes.

So here I am, more afraid than ever before.

Giving up isn’t an option. Giving in will get us killed.

A blizzard is brewing on our mountain, more frigid than anything we’ve ever felt.

With everything we ever wanted at stake, the only option is to fight.

When life turns arctic…

Who will survive the blast?

my thoughts


Let me tell you that I’m truly disappointed of how this book ended. I was hoping for this not to happen. I hate cliffhangers. Why did no one tell me? I feel cheated. I’m so upset, for reals.

Those were my thoughts after reading the last page and the announcement that said “to be continued”. How dare she? Damn, I was mad. But angriness apart, I enjoyed the ride. The story took different turns that did not see coming and my fave characters, aka Alex, grown more on me. And of course, there was a blizzard, just as there was an avalanche in the last one. I love literacy.

Romance? Check. Suspense? Check. Action? Check. Surprises? Check. Little tears in my eyes? Check. That’s basically my summary. I was also upset of the fact that the most important aspects in the story for me were barely touched and the characters were walking around them instead of going straight forward towards them, but I guess that’s why there will be more books.

I need to emphasize that there is a need for a book about Alex finding his SO as soon as possible. As I said before, Alex gives me Braeden vibes and I need him to be as happy as possible. I also want to know what makes him weak, because I know there’s something dark behind those laughing eyes and I’m a sucker for them.

Overall, good book. An unfinished story that made me upset at the end but I’m kind of happy knowing that there is more. But please, bring me more Alex. Thank you and that’s my piece.

last review


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!