Tuesday, April 24, 2018

[Review] Avalanche, by: Cambria Hebert

BearPaw Resort #1

AVALANCHE

by: Cambria Hebert
Publication Date: March 26th, 2018
Read Date: April 2nd, 2018
Format: Kindle Edition
Pages: 360?

 

Don’t get caught in the surge. 

Through a bullet hole in a wall, I watch a man bleed to death.
Those responsible think their crime died with the victim, until I identify them.
What’s a girl to do when she’s being hunted by murderers
witness protection can’t even stop?
Run.
My only refuge is a place I vowed to never go again.
When it’s do or die, an eight-year-old heartache suddenly seems trivial.
Besides, he won’t be there anyway.
But he is.
Turns out my old pain feels brand new the second his eyes meet mine.
I can’t leave. I can’t stay.
This snowy town that’s supposed to be my shelter
suddenly exposes me more than before.
With no one else to lean on, Liam becomes my lifeline.
Now we’re both running for our lives,
trying not to get swept away.

my rate


Is no secret that I read most of what this author writes after I fell in love with one of her series. I have not been disappointed at all in her latest books. I keep loving her new characters and all.

I have always liked book centered in Colorado, I don’t know why because never been there and I don’t think I would go in a near future, but I feel like I know the place by so many books set there that I have read. So, again, the book is centered in Colorado, a ski resort, and there is this white thing called snow everywhere. Something that I have only seen once and it wasn’t much. The main male character is a ski instructor and an old Olympic player (is that how you say it?).

Whatever. The thing is that these characters know each other from eight years ago, so this is basically a second chance romance, which most of the time I don’t like, but this author can pull off anything for me to love. She, main female character, is running from very bad people thanks to something that happens in the very first chapter (I ain’t going to tell ya). She ends up in the place she swore to never come back. She finds herself crashing him, Mr. Sexy Sport.

Mr. Sexy Sport (the name I am giving him) is just that. Super sexy and a good sport… aren’t those synonyms? Whatever. I really, really loved him. He took no shit of whatever lie came out of her mouth. He knew something bad was about to happened and he wanted to not happen (he tried), so I really liked that. I also have to mention the friend. Their relationship made me remember Romeo and Braeden bromance from this author’s other series. I know for sure (so sure that if I bet, I will the money) that he will have his own book, I will read it and I will love it even more.

Last thoughts… I love mushy, lovey love things, so if you into that, then read this books (coming soon series). No! Read any of this author’s books, or at least the one I have read and can recommend. Just saying. Peace out!

PS, the title says it. There WILL be an avalanche, like literally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!