Wednesday, March 18, 2015

[R] #Nerd, by: Cambria Hebert

#Nerd
(Hashtag #1)
by: Cambria Hebert

★★★½☆

Two people from completely different worlds are about to be thrown together…

In more ways than one.

She wants to keep her scholarship. He wants to stay on the team. An awkward alliance doesn’t even begin to cover Rimmel and Romeo’s relationship.

But that’s about to change.

It starts with a dare. An initiation. A challenge.

Quickly, it turns into more. But when you’re a victim of your status, there is no room for anything real. The rules are clear and simple.

Stick to your circle.

And never fall in love with anyone on the outside.

my thoughts

For starters, I would give this book basically five full stars if it wasn't for all the clichés that it had. Even though I knew what was going to happened all along, I was craving for a book just like this. I'm a sucker of the typical story where the player falls over heels for the nerd. But I had to nodge down a couple of stars because of creativity, it did not have much. But overall, I liked the book.

This story remind of Gossip Girl, I never read the books, but I did watched some seasons until I couldn't stand it anymore. Instead of a girl who gossips, we have a Boss (appears to be a boy) who gossips, but hashtags too. BuzzBoss from the BuzzFeed made laugh everything it appeared. I assure you that this story is nothing new and that maybe you have heard it tons of times. Rimmel (which is a ridiciouls name) is a #Nerd that to sustain her schoolarship has to tutor the greatest #Player ever, Roman (aka Romeo). Romeo needs tutories because he is failing some classes and he needs his grades up to continue playing football. Plus, Romeo want to be inside of Omega and he needs to do all the initiation. And that includes bed a girl. You can guess where I am going, right? CLICHÉ!

Do you see my mixed feelings? I had a lot, but I still read it all and maybe, just maybe will continue the series. Because, well, I want to know. I'm a person who is eager for information. *winks*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!