Sunday, December 21, 2014

[R] World After, by: Susan Ee

World After
(Penryn & the End of the Days #2)
by: Susan Ee

5 of 5 stars

In this sequel to the bestselling fantasy thriller, Angelfall, the survivors of the angel apocalypse begin to scrape back together what's left of the modern world.

When a group of people capture Penryn's sister Paige, thinking she's a monster, the situation ends in a massacre. Paige disappears. Humans are terrified. Mom is heartbroken.

Penryn drives through the streets of San Francisco looking for Paige. Why are the streets so empty? Where is everybody? Her search leads her into the heart of the angels' secret plans where she catches a glimpse of their motivations, and learns the horrifying extent to which the angels are willing to go.

Meanwhile, Raffe hunts for his wings. Without them, he can't rejoin the angels, can't take his rightful place as one of their leaders. When faced with recapturing his wings or helping Penryn survive, which will he choose?

my thoughts

“Let go," I say into his ear. Raffe holds me tighter like there’s no room for discussion.”
"AND IS THE BEST END I HAVE EVER READ, for now." That was the last thought I have of this book before I went reading another and simply *forgot* to make this review or at least that was here (in GR) before the actual review I'm gonna make. I think that the end was good? But I cannot remember the begin! Going for a memory flash back in 3, 2, 1... ANNND I remember! Sort of.
“It’s amazing how many times we need to go against our survival instincts to survive.”
Reading he blur... I remember that in the first book, Penryn DID rescue her sister, but she has some qualities now that different from before. She can walk, that's a first. But every one thinks of her as a monster. After Paige (her sister) turns out missing once again, Penryn goes right back at the streets looking for her and turns out. No one's home... because some evil plan I don't remember from the bad angels. I do remember Raffe hunting for his wings and having some of strange problem with his present ones (not gonna spoiler just because if you didn't know). When Penryn and Raffe find their routes meeting, will they continue their own journeys or help each other?
“It is painful to see that people prefer a bad guy who looks like an angel to a good guy who looks like a demon.”
Ugh. I really do want to say something more than... than this about this book. But I remember LOVING his book and devouring it. Wanting more, but having been satisfied with the end, so that means there wasn't a cliff? I dunno. I remember laughing my ass off because of Pooky Bear and being scared shitless when Raffe rescued Penryn from that island and being scared of the island itselft (and the people that live there). Hope for the worst, receive the best! That will be my last thought about this book. Peace out.
“I look up to say something but he puts his finger to my lips and whispers, “Don’t talk. You’ll just spoil my fantasy of rescuing an innocent damsel in distress as soon as you open your mouth.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!