Sunday, November 10, 2013

[R] Champion, by: Marie Lu

Champion
(Legend #3)
by: Marie Lu

★★★★★

He is a Legend.
She is a Prodigy.
Who will be Champion?

June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps Elect while Day has been assigned a high level military position. But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them once again. Just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything he has.



FULL OF LOVE AND PURE ACTION! That would be my review over all. I really enjoy the trilogy and even more this book. Marie Lu seriously needs a standing ovation, please stand up and clap. *clap clap*

This time our heroes, Day and June, are unfairly apart from each other at the beginning. The book doesn’t continue right after the last one left us, just eight months after. Quite sad. As we know, Day is sick and June, maybe, will become the next Princeps-Elect. So that left their journey become a little too far from reach for each other. Not one month pass, when they are back together in the same city, but this time they have a serious problem. The Colonies are attacking and they want the republic at any cost, and worst, they have help. There is a mutation of the plague around and their only hope is Eden, will Day let them experiment again with him? The Republic doesn’t have too many choices, and the situation becomes worse when Antarctica denies them help because of reasons. What will they do when fighting against the Colonies seems impossible? Plus, Day is not in his best shape to do many things. June doesn’t have any idea, how she will respond? Will the Republic disappears and become part of the Colonies or they will fight against them?

HOLY LORDJESUSCHRIST! I cannot express in words how I felt after reading the book. I love it so much! The book have so many action that I really wanted to put it down. In each part I was so scared of something bad to happen.
“Fear makes you stronger.”
After reading Allegiant some time ago, I’m really scared of each end of the trilogies like this one. Thank God, that somehow Marie Lu heard me and didn’t made a heartless end.
“When emotion fails, logic will save you.”
I cannot say that I love all of the end, because, come on, everything about Day and June suffering, the ten years, the memories, Tess… I didn’t like that, but I accept it. Why? Because the end left me wanting for another chapter.
“Without emotion, what’s the point of being human?”
Left me wanting to see how happy they are after all the war.
“Perhaps we can take a step forward together.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment your opinion, I won't bite and I always reply!